For the Spirit of God has made me, and the breath of the Almighty gives me life....Job 33:4 (NLT)....... †THE POWER OF PRAYER†

Translate

Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 26, 2010

PSALM 116 Thanksgiving for having been spared from death






Psalm 116 (New International Version)


Psalm 116

 1 I love the LORD, for he heard my voice;
       he heard my cry for mercy.

 2 Because he turned his ear to me,
       I will call on him as long as I live.

 3 The cords of death entangled me,
       the anguish of the grave came upon me;
       I was overcome by trouble and sorrow.

 4 Then I called on the name of the LORD :
       "O LORD, save me!"

 5 The LORD is gracious and righteous;
       our God is full of compassion.

 6 The LORD protects the simplehearted;
       when I was in great need, he saved me.

 7 Be at rest once more, O my soul,
       for the LORD has been good to you.

 8 For you, O LORD, have delivered my soul from death,
       my eyes from tears,
       my feet from stumbling,

 9 that I may walk before the LORD
       in the land of the living.

 10 I believed; therefore I said,
       "I am greatly afflicted."

 11 And in my dismay I said,
       "All men are liars."

 12 How can I repay the LORD
       for all his goodness to me?

 13 I will lift up the cup of salvation
       and call on the name of the LORD.

 14 I will fulfill my vows to the LORD
       in the presence of all his people.

 15 Precious in the sight of the LORD
       is the death of his saints.

 16 O LORD, truly I am your servant;
       I am your servant, the son of your maidservant;
       you have freed me from my chains.

 17 I will sacrifice a thank offering to you
       and call on the name of the LORD.

 18 I will fulfill my vows to the LORD
       in the presence of all his people,

 19 in the courts of the house of the LORD—
       in your midst, O Jerusalem.
       Praise the LORD.