For the Spirit of God has made me, and the breath of the Almighty gives me life....Job 33:4 (NLT)....... †THE POWER OF PRAYER†

Translate

Total Pageviews

Monday, August 16, 2010

PSALM 75 We give thanks to you, O God, we give thanks, for your Name is near; men tell of your wonderful deeds.




Psalm 75 (New International Version)


Psalm 75

For the director of music. To the tune of "Do Not Destroy." A psalm of Asaph. A song.
 1 We give thanks to you, O God,
       we give thanks, for your Name is near;
       men tell of your wonderful deeds.
 2 You say, "I choose the appointed time;
       it is I who judge uprightly.

 3 When the earth and all its people quake,
       it is I who hold its pillars firm.
       Selah

 4 To the arrogant I say, 'Boast no more,'
       and to the wicked, 'Do not lift up your horns.

 5 Do not lift your horns against heaven;
       do not speak with outstretched neck.' "

 6 No one from the east or the west
       or from the desert can exalt a man.

 7 But it is God who judges:
       He brings one down, he exalts another.

 8 In the hand of the LORD is a cup
       full of foaming wine mixed with spices;
       he pours it out, and all the wicked of the earth
       drink it down to its very dregs.

 9 As for me, I will declare this forever;
       I will sing praise to the God of Jacob.

 10 I will cut off the horns of all the wicked,
       but the horns of the righteous will be lifted up.