For the Spirit of God has made me, and the breath of the Almighty gives me life....Job 33:4 (NLT)....... †THE POWER OF PRAYER†

Translate

Total Pageviews

Monday, September 19, 2011

Sprinkled afresh

Sprinkled afresh


When Christ is with us we are safe,
 for what wolf can rend a sheep when it is close to the shepherd’s hand?
 When we are away from Jesus, we are not only in peril, but are already despoiled; 
to lose fellowship with Jesus is loss enough in itself, even if no further calamity occur.

 Ships without a pilot, cities without watchmen, 
babes without a nurse, are we without Jesus. 

We cannot do without him, the less we attempt it the better. Samson without his locks is the sad type of a believer out of fellowship.

How dare we go forth to business on any one day without the presence of the Lord?
 As well might the warrior go to battle without shield and buckler. 


Should we not daily pray, “If thy presence go not with me, carry me not up hence”? 
How can we go to our beds till he has kissed us with the kisses of his mouth?

 May not even the dreams and visions of the night prove our bane
 if our souls be not committed to his keeping? 

For my part, I love to murmur to myself, as I place my head on my pillow, 
those charming lines 
“Sprinkled afresh with pardoning blood,
I lay me down to rest, As in th’ embraces of my God,
Or on my Savior’s breast.”



From a sermon by Charles Haddon Spurgeon entitled "My Restorer," delivered December 28, 1873.


♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Reflection and inspiration 
from the "Prince of Preachers," 
Charles Haddon Spurgeon.
Copyright Statement
This resource was produced before 1923 and therefore is considered in the
"Public Domain". 

Do you enjoy this blog ?
if you like to visit my others blogs
just click on links below. 
God bless, your day !!!
ENGLISH
http://ambassadorforjesus.blogspot.com/
SPANISH WITH TRANSLATOR TO ANY LANGUAGE
http://poderosoguerrerodejesus.blogspot..
PRAY FOR ME PLEASE..
GOD BLESS YOU FOR KEEPING ME IN YOUR PRAYERS !!!
ON THE LAST WEEK OF OCTOBER I WILL BE MOVING FROM LOS ANGELES CALIFORNIA TO MIAMI  FLORIDA.. PLEASE PRAY THAT EVERYTHING GOES WELL.. THANKS...
Please enjoy a lot of more post in the ARCHIVE on the bottom right...Praise God, for everything..