For the Spirit of God has made me, and the breath of the Almighty gives me life....Job 33:4 (NLT)....... †THE POWER OF PRAYER†

Translate

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

"Say unto my soul, I am thy salvation."



"Say unto my soul, I am thy salvation."
Psalm 35:3.


What does this sweet prayer teach me? It shall be my evening's petition; but first let it yield me an instructive meditation. The text informs me first of all that David had his doubts; for why should he pray, "Say unto my soul, I am thy salvation," if he were not sometimes exercised with doubts and fears?
 Let me, then, be of good cheer, for I am not the only saint who has to complain of weakness of faith.

 If David doubted, I need not conclude that I am no Christian because I have doubts. The text reminds me that David was not content while he had doubts and fears, but he repaired at once to the mercy-seat to pray for assurance; for he valued it as much fine gold. 

I too must labour after an abiding sense of my acceptance in the Beloved, and must have no joy when His love is not shed abroad in my soul. 
When my Bridegroom is gone from me, my soul must and will fast. 
I learn also that David knew where to obtain full assurance. 
He went to his God in prayer, crying, 
"Say unto my soul I am thy salvation."

 I must be much alone with God if I would have a clear sense of Jesus' love. 
Let my prayers cease, and my eye of faith will grow dim. Much in prayer, much in heaven; slow in prayer, slow in progress. I notice that David would not be satisfied unless his assurance had a divine source. 

"Say unto my soul." Lord, do Thou say it! Nothing short of a divine testimony in the soul will ever content the true Christian. Moreover, David could not rest unless his assurance had a vivid personality about it. "Say unto my soul, I am thy salvation."

 Lord, if Thou shouldst say this to all the saints, it were nothing, unless Thou shouldst say it to me. Lord, I have sinned; I deserve not Thy smile; I scarcely dare to ask it; but oh! say to my soul, even to my soul, "I am thy salvation." 

Let me have a present, personal, infallible, indisputable sense that I am Thine, and that Thou art mine.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ 
♥ <(((><    ><)))> ♥ 
“The true minister of Christ knows that the true value of a sermon must lie,  
not in its fashion and manner, but in the truth which it contains.” 
 C. H. Spurgeon ~ 
 ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ 
 The purpose of these pages is to share the precious word of God, 
without acquiring any monetary reward. 
God gave me the salvation for free, so I share the gospel of his word the same way ..
( NO ADVERTISEMENTS ) ...
  Blessings to all of You, rejoice in the sublime and infallible word of God
  
 PRAYER 
 Father, 
I ask You to bless my friends, relatives and those that I care deeply for, 
who are reading this right now. 
Show them a new revelation of Your love and power. 
Holy Spirit, I ask You to minister to their spirit at this very moment. 
 Where there is pain, give them Your peace and mercy.. 
 Where there is self-doubt, release a renewed confidence through Your grace. 
Where there is need, I ask you to fulfill their needs. 
 Bless their homes, families, finances, their goings and their comings.
 Amen. 
 "HAVE A BLESSED DAY FULL OF PEACE, LOVE AND HAPPINESS"
 You can see two post at the time, please go to the bottom and look for the "Blog Archive", there is many more, sometimes I do many during the day as the time permits. 
 DO YOU ENJOY THIS BLOG ? ..
 If you like to visit my other blogs, please click at the link and If not clickable, please copy and paste the address to your browser, 
Thanks...
 TRANSLATORS ARE AVAILABLE TO ANY LANGUAGE..
 TRADUCTORES AL ESPAÑOL O CUALQUIER OTRO LENGUAJE... 

 Don't forget to spread The Word of GOD by sharing today's passage with friends...
 Please share with your family and friends using small envelope (E-mail) next to a pencil, under my name at the bottom of post, or using the share link.. 
COPYRIGHT STATEMENT 
" Reflection and inspiration from the "Prince of Preachers," 
 Charles Haddon Spurgeon. 
 This resource was produced before 1923 and therefore is considered in the "Public Domain".
 "COPYRIGHT POLICY" 
We respect copyright laws and are committed to remove any copyright infringing material from our website. If you find any content on our website which infringes your copyrighted work, please contact us, we’ll be happy to verify and remove such content. Please do provide us the following details:
 1) Your name, E-mail Address.
 2) Location (URLs) of your copyrighted work on your website. 
3) Location (URLs) of your copyrighted work on our website. 
 Some of images taken from Flickr under Creative Commons License and also the bank of free Creative images for non commercial usage... 
Everything we do is for God Almighty's glory our creator and we pray for all the people that are making images available to continue spreading the Gospel. 
 Thank You and God Bless.
Mightywarrior..
Blog created February 15, 2010 .