For the Spirit of God has made me, and the breath of the Almighty gives me life....Job 33:4 (NLT)....... †THE POWER OF PRAYER†

Translate

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

A blow for Puseyism



A blow for Puseyism


‘It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.’ John 6:63

Suggested Further Reading: 1 Corinthians 11:23–26

Do not men receive the body and blood of Christ in the Lord’s Supper? Yes, spiritual men do, in a real and spiritual sense, but not in a carnal way—not so as to crush it with their teeth, or taste it with their palate, or digest it by the gastric juice; but they receive the Lord Jesus, as incarnate and crucified, into their spirits, as they believe in him, love him, and are comforted by thoughts of him.

‘But how is that a real reception of him?’ cries one. Alas, this question reveals at once the world’s thoughts; you think the carnal alone real, and that the spiritual is unreal. If you can touch and taste, you think it real, but if you can only meditate and love, you dream it to be unreal.

How impossible it is for the carnal mind to enter into spiritual things! Yet, hearken once again, I receive the body and blood of Christ when my soul believes in his incarnation, when my heart relies upon the merit of his death, when the bread and wine so refresh my memory that thoughts of Jesus Christ and his agonies melt me to penitence, cheer me to confidence, and purify me from sin.

 It is not my body which receives Jesus, but my spirit; I believe in him, casting myself upon him alone; trusting him, I feel joy and peace, love and zeal, hatred of sin and love of holiness, and so as to my spiritual nature I am fed upon him.

My spiritual nature feeds upon truth, love, grace, promise, pardon, covenant, atonement, acceptance, all of which I find, and much more, in the person of the Lord Jesus. Up to the extent in which my spirit has communion with the Lord Jesus, the ordinance of breaking of bread is living and acceptable.

For meditation: 


There are great spiritual blessings in sharing the Lord’s Supper with his people (1 Corinthians 10:16–17), but it is not the Lord’s Supper at all when it is eaten unworthily, without discernment and without self-examination (1 Corinthians 11:20,27–29).

N.B. Puseyism was a variety of ritualism within the Church of England that followed many Roman Catholic practices.

Sermon no. 653
8 October (1865)

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ 

♥ <(((><    ><)))> ♥ 
“The true minister of Christ knows that the true value of a sermon must lie,
 not in its fashion and manner, but in the truth which it contains.” 
 C. H. Spurgeon ~ 
 ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ 

 The purpose of these pages is to share the precious word of God, 
without acquiring any monetary reward. 
God gave me the salvation for free, so I share the gospel of his word the same way ..

( NO ADVERTISEMENTS ) ...

  Blessings to all of You, rejoice in the sublime and infallible word of God  

 PRAYER 
 Father, 
I ask You to bless my friends, relatives and those that I care deeply for, 
who are reading this right now. 
Show them a new revelation of Your love and power. 
Holy Spirit, I ask You to minister to their spirit at this very moment. 
 Where there is pain, give them Your peace and mercy.. 
 Where there is self-doubt, release a renewed confidence through Your grace. 
Where there is need, I ask you to fulfill their needs. 
 Bless their homes, families, finances, their goings and their comings.
 Amen. 

 "HAVE A BLESSED DAY FULL OF PEACE, LOVE AND HAPPINESS"
 You can see two post at the time, please go to the bottom and look for the "Blog Archive", there is many more, sometimes I do many during the day as the time permits. 

 DO YOU ENJOY THIS BLOG ? ..
 If you like to visit my other blogs, please click at the link and If not clickable, please copy and paste the address to your browser, Thanks... 
 ENGLISH: 

 TRANSLATORS ARE AVAILABLE TO ANY LANGUAGE..
 TRADUCTORES AL ESPAÑOL O CUALQUIER OTRO LENGUAJE... 

 Don't forget to spread The Word of GOD by sharing today's passage with friends...
 Please share with your family and friends using small envelope (E-mail) next to a pencil, under my name at the bottom of post, or using the share link.. 

COPYRIGHT STATEMENT 
" Reflection and inspiration from the "Prince of Preachers," 
 Charles Haddon Spurgeon. 
 This resource was produced before 1923 and therefore is considered in the "Public Domain".

 "COPYRIGHT POLICY" 
We respect copyright laws and are committed to remove any copyright infringing material from our website. If you find any content on our website which infringes your copyrighted work, please contact us, we’ll be happy to verify and remove such content. Please do provide us the following details:
 1) Your name, E-mail Address.
 2) Location (URLs) of your copyrighted work on your website. 
3) Location (URLs) of your copyrighted work on our website. 
 Some of images taken from Flickr under Creative Commons License and also the bank of free Creative images for non commercial usage... 
Everything we do is for God Almighty's glory our creator and we pray for all the people that are making images available to continue spreading the Gospel. 
 Thank YOu and God Bless.
Mightywarrior..
Blog created February 15, 2010 .