For the Spirit of God has made me, and the breath of the Almighty gives me life....Job 33:4 (NLT)....... †THE POWER OF PRAYER†

Translate

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

David’s dying prayer


David’s dying prayer

“Let the whole earth be filled with his glory; Amen, and Amen.” 
Psalm 72:19


Suggested Further Reading: 

Isaiah 6:1-8

Is there not one among you that can win a laurel wreath? Have I not one true Christian heart here that is set for work and labour? Have I not one man that will devote himself for God and for his truth? Henry Martyn! Thou art dead; and is thy mantle buried with thee? Brainerd, thou sleepest with thy fathers; and is thy spirit dead too, and shall there never be another Brainerd?

 Knibb, thou hast ascended to thy God; and is there nowhere another Knibb? Williams, thy martyred blood still crieth from the ground; and is there nowhere another Williams? What! Not among this dense mass of young and burning spirits? Is there not one that can say in his heart, “Here am I, send me”? “This hour, being saved by God’s grace, I give myself up to him, to go wherever he shall be pleased to send me, to testify his gospel in foreign lands”?

What! Are there no Pauls now? Have we none who will be apostles for the Lord of hosts? I think I see one who, putting his lips together, makes this silent resolve—“By God’s grace I this day devote myself to him; through trouble and through trial I will be his, if he will help me; for missionary work or for anything else I give up my all to God; and if I may die as Williams did, and wear the blood-red crown of martyrdom,

I will be proud; and if I may live to serve my Master, like a Brainerd, and die at last worn out, here I am, do but have me, Master; give me the honour of leading the forlorn hope, of leading the vanguard of Christianity; here I am, send me.”

For meditation: 

The earth is going to be filled with the knowledge of the glory of God (Habakkuk 2:14). Every believer has a contribution to make towards that goal, big or small. Are you playing your part?

Sermon no. 129
26 April (1857)


♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

♥ <(((><  ♥ † ><)))> ♥

“The true minister of Christ knows that the true value of a sermon must lie, 
not in its fashion and manner, but in the truth which it contains.

~ C. H. Spurgeon ~

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

 The purpose of these pages is to share the precious word of God, without acquiring any monetary reward. God gave me the salvation for free, so I share the gospel of his word the same way ..( NO ADVERTISEMENTS ) ...
 ♥♥♥ 
Blessings to all of You, rejoice in the sublime and infallible word of God 
♥♥♥

 PRAYER
 Father, I ask You to bless my friends, relatives and those that I care deeply for,
who are reading this right now. Show them a new revelation of Your love and power.
Holy Spirit, I ask You to minister to their spirit at this very moment.
 Where there is pain, give them Your peace and mercy..
 Where there is self-doubt, release a renewed confidence through Your grace.
Where there is need, I ask you to fulfill their needs.
 Bless their homes, families, finances, their goings and their comings.
 Amen.
 "HAVE A BLESSED DAY FULL OF PEACE, LOVE AND HAPPINESS"
 You can see two post at the time, please go to the bottom and look for the "Blog Archive", there is many more, sometimes I do many during the day as the time permits.
 DO YOU ENJOY THIS BLOG ? ..
 If you like to visit my other blogs, please click at the link and If not clickable, please copy and paste the address to your browser, Thanks...

ENGLISH:
SPANISH:

 TRANSLATORS ARE AVAILABLE TO ANY LANGUAGE..
TRADUCTORES AL ESPAÑOL O CUALQUIER OTRO LENGUAJE...

 Don't forget to spread The Word of GOD by sharing today's passage with friends...
Please share with your family and friends using small envelope (E-mail) next to a pencil, under my name at the bottom of post, or using the share link..

Copyright Statement
Reflection and inspiration from the "Prince of Preachers,"
 Charles Haddon Spurgeon. 
This resource was produced before 1923 and therefore
is considered in the "Public Domain".
 "COPYRIGHT POLICY"
We respect copyright laws and are committed to remove any copyright infringing material from our website. If you find any content on our website which infringes your copyrighted work, please contact us, we’ll be happy to verify and remove such content. Please do provide us the following details: 1) Your name, E-mail Address. 2) Location (URLs) of your copyrighted work on your website. 3) Location (URLs) of your copyrighted work on our website. 
Some of images taken from Flickr under Creative Commons License and also the bank of free Creative images for non commercial usage...
Everything we do is for God Almighty's glory our creator and we pray for all the people that are making images available to continue spreading the Gospel. 
Thank YOu and God Bless.
Blog created February 15, 2010 .