For the Spirit of God has made me, and the breath of the Almighty gives me life....Job 33:4 (NLT)....... †THE POWER OF PRAYER†

Translate

Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Recognition to widows !!!

VERSE:

  Give proper recognition to those widows 

who are really in need.

   -- 1 Timothy 5:3


 http://www.SearchGodsWord.org/desk/?query=1+Timothy+5:3

THOUGHT:

Practical loving concern for those who are powerless and
forgotten is rooted in the heart of God and championed in Old
Testament Law. One of the first internal problems the early church
urgently and positively dealt with was prejudice and neglect of the
Greek speaking widows in Jerusalem. It was important to God and to
them! Paul further reminds us that we better have the same concern
for widows today! (Notice that James extends that same concern for
both widows and orphans! James 1:27)

PRAYER:

Forgive me, loving Father, for I sometimes get so lost in my own
opportunities and problems that I don't look around and check on
those in my church family who need my help much less those in need
who are not Christians. Touch me with your Spirit so that I may
better hear, see, and respond to their needs. Thank you for your
concern for all people, and please use me as one of your tools of
concern to bless those in need. In the precious name of Jesus I
pray. Amen.

http://www.heartlight.org/cgi-shl/todaysverse.cgi?day=20110715