For the Spirit of God has made me, and the breath of the Almighty gives me life....Job 33:4 (NLT)....... †THE POWER OF PRAYER†

Translate

Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Psalm 38 A psalm of David, asking God to remember him.




Psalm 38 (New Living Translation)


Psalm 38

A psalm of David, asking God to remember him.
 1 O Lord, don’t rebuke me in your anger
      or discipline me in your rage!
 
2 Your arrows have struck deep,
   
   and your blows are crushing me.
 
3 Because of your anger, my whole body is sick;
      my health is broken because of my sins.
 
4 My guilt overwhelms me—
      it is a burden too heavy to bear.
 
5 My wounds fester and stink
      because of my foolish sins.
 
6 I am bent over and racked with pain.
      All day long I walk around filled with grief.
 
7 A raging fever burns within me,
      and my health is broken.
 
8 I am exhausted and completely crushed.
      My groans come from an anguished heart.
 9 You know what I long for, Lord;
      you hear my every sigh.
 
10 My heart beats wildly, my strength fails,
      and I am going blind.
 
11 My loved ones and friends stay away, fearing my disease.
      Even my own family stands at a distance.
 
12 Meanwhile, my enemies lay traps to kill me.
      Those who wish me harm make plans to ruin me.
      All day long they plan their treachery.

 13 But I am deaf to all their threats.
      I am silent before them as one who cannot speak.
 
14 I choose to hear nothing,
      and I make no reply.
 
15 For I am waiting for you, O Lord.
      You must answer for me, O Lord my God.
 
16 I prayed, “Don’t let my enemies gloat over me
      or rejoice at my downfall.”

 17 I am on the verge of collapse,
      facing constant pain.
 
18 But I confess my sins;
      I am deeply sorry for what I have done.
 
19 I have many aggressive enemies;
      they hate me without reason.
 
20 They repay me evil for good
      and oppose me for pursuing good.
 
21 Do not abandon me, O Lord.
      Do not stand at a distance, my God.
 
22 Come quickly to help me,
      O Lord my savior.